At Barcelonia we’re very into tacos. A few days ago we posted our recipe for veggie tacos made with black beans and today we felt like trying something different so we came up with a new version: some very original veggie tacos filled with lentils, vegetables, and with our delicious sour cream. You’ll be licking your fingers, guaranteed.
Vegetable and lentil tacos – Ingredients (enough to make six tacos, 3 per person):
- 1 bag of corn tortillas (sold at mexican specialty shops and in some supermarkets)
- 2 servings of lentils
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis
- 2 carrots
- Half a head of lettuce
- 2 servings of Barcelonia sour cream
- Hot sauce (we recommend Cholula’s)
For the sour cream (2 servings)
- 6 Tbsp of Barcelonia Original
- 1 tsp water
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth and incorporated.
For the lentils (2 servings)
- 200g lentils
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Put the lentils in a pot and cover them in twice their volume of water.
- Roughly chop the onions and add them to the pot too.
- Add the garlic, a pinch of salt, and a dash of olive oil.
- Once it has reached a boil turn down the heat and cook covered fro 40 minutes.
- Stir the lentils occasionally to make sure they cook uniformly.
- After 40 minutes the lentils should be fully cooked and slightly on the soft side
For the vegetables
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 carrots
- A splash of olive oil
- Chop the vegetables well and steam them for 10 minutes.
- Half-way through the cooking time season with salt and pepper and add the oil
Veggie Tacos – Preparation and assembly:
- Warm the tortillas in a pan. If you want them to have a fried texture you can add a little olive oil, but it isn’t necessary. Cook each tortilla for 30 or 40 seconds, flipping them once. If you leave them on the heat too long they’ll harden and they can break. Once done keep them in a lidded recipient so they stay warm and don’t dry out.
- Now that all the ingredients are ready it’s time to make your tacos! Onto one of the tortillas add a spoonfull of vegetables, another spoonful of lentils, and a dollop of sour cream. If you want to spice it up add some hot sauce too.
- Fold the tacos in half and give the filling a squeeze so the shape holds.
- Add a few lettuce leaves to the place as a garnish
Fun, delicious and healthy… what more could you want? Enjoy!